1. Do I need to be accredited to teach in a Catholic school before commencing employment at St Columba’s College?
Teachers do not need to be accredited to teach in a Catholic school to gain employment at St Columba’s College. It is expected that a teacher who is not accredited will participate in professional development activities that are approved by Catholic Education Melbourne in order to attain accreditation.
2. Do I have to be Catholic to work at St Columba’s College?
St Columba’s College is an equal opportunity employer. Staff are expected to be supportive of the philosophy of Catholic education and promote the educational mission of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
3. Does St Columba’s College employ first-year teachers?
St Columba’s College encourages first-year teachers to apply for all advertised positions. Graduates work with a mentor during their first year at the College and are supported by experienced teachers to complete an accreditation process and gain registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
4. Where is St Columba’s College located?
St Columba’s College is located 8 kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD at 2 Leslie Road, Essendon. The school is well serviced by public transport.
5. Does St Columba’s College employ casual relief teachers?
St Columba’s College employs casual relief teachers throughout the school year. Enquiries about becoming a casual relief teacher at St Columba’s College should be directed to the College by calling 9337 5311.